Making Lemonade

I'm a mom of 3, happily married and working part time. We live on a tight budget and I like to find creative ways to make it work. I like to post about my family, my crafts and my random thoughts! Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I apologize to all my "loyal" fans for not posting in a while. I havn't really even taken any pictures lately because I've been so busy with the house. We closed almost three weeks ago and since then we've been crazy busy . First we had to grade out the walls with spackle, then prime, then paint. I have to pause here and THANK all those that helped us with the painting!! You are amazing friends!
So Then David ripped up the carpets and we spent what felt like an eternity pulling up those stupid annoying little staples. Some of them just WOULD'NT budge!! Then we rented the drum sander and sanded down the floors. Next we stained them this nice dark stain and then David put 3 coats of poly on them.They look amazing. we move in tomorrow and I am very excited. We still have a lot of work to do but we'll do it one step at a time!






Here I am sanding the stairs











Here is the living room before David went over it with the edger!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations To The Petersens

    You two are certainly Doers. It looks great. You will enjoy it when it is done.
    Sweat equity is meant to be spent when you are young.

    I couldn't be prouder!

    SaratogaJoe

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Laurie Cella said…

    Hi Cathy and Dave and Esther-

    Wow! The house looks amazing - I can't wait to visit and take the tour. You have both worked so hard and you should be so proud!

    Sending you love,
    Laurie

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger heidiann(e) said…

    wow! a house?!?
    congrats to you and your dear little family!
    hugs to all!

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad the hardest part is over. The floor looks great. I can't wait to come for a visit and see everything put together. What a difference! Any birds in the bird bath yet? Love you all, Mom C.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad the hardest part is over. The floor looks great. I can't wait to come for a visit and see everything put together. What a difference! Any birds in the bird bath yet? Love you all, Mom C.

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Cathy! Your place looks awesome! Sarah Cous-Cous told me to check it out! I have not frequented the Petersen page in a while.
    I love you guys and miss you, and I am so happy for you with your new place. I know Ward is happy for you too...eventhough he does not know what I am talking about. That's okay.
    We love you! Becca & Ward

     

Post a Comment

<< Home