Making Lemonade

I'm a mom of 3, happily married and working part time. We live on a tight budget and I like to find creative ways to make it work. I like to post about my family, my crafts and my random thoughts! Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This is the yurt that David and I stayed in for the past three days In Deep Creek MD. We got to go away WITHOUT the children thanks to the overflowing love from David's family:) There have been some nasty rumors that we actually stayed in a B& B, but those just happen to cost $250 a night, and the yurt was a much cheaper alternative, (and we would have missed out on the "ever-seeing eye" at the top of the yurt.) It looked like a space ship. It was covered with canvas and then at the top was this plexiglas opening to see out. We were blessed with a raging thunderstorm the last night we were there and the whole inside of the yurt was lit up with bright flashes from the "eye" the whole night. It kept us up, but it was fun to watch:)


2 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so this is a yirt. I was trying to explain it to Mike, but I just couldn't remember the name of it. It actually looks like something I could stay in - the whole no bathroom thing might be a problem in the night, though. Gotta bring those Depends. =)

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger cathy said…

    or pee in a cup:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home