Making Lemonade

I'm a mom of 3, happily married and working part time. We live on a tight budget and I like to find creative ways to make it work. I like to post about my family, my crafts and my random thoughts! Enjoy!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

It was a sad day in motherhood today. Esther has decided, with no warning to me, that she is done breastfeeding! She woke up this morning, crying as usual so I brought her in my bedroom to eat while I snoozed a bit more, only to hear her wail louder. Perplexed, I sat up and made sure she wasn't eating my camisole by mistake. She just looked at my like "what am I supposed to do with this?" It's like she totally forgot all those tender moments and all the snugly snugly times. She just wanted cows milk. I tried many other times today and she just bit me and laughed.
I didn't think that I would be hit so hard with this, but it's taking a while for it all to sink in. My friends say "you'll have others" and " what are you gonna breastfeed her 'til she's a teenager" and I laugh and say I know I know.... it's just the sad end of an era and it's my first taste of letting go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home